'FIVE LITTLE HEARTACHES' BY VIJHAY SUNDAR

Do you read short stories? If yes, which is your favorite short stories collection?

I absolutely love reading short stories, if you check my latest posts in the feed, you would come across a lot of short stories collection, I am always amazed by how the writers manage to finish a story within few pages! Writing short stories is indeed a challenging task. 

I recently read 'Five Little Heartaches' by Vijhay Sundar, Look at the cover! The cover gave me 'A Little Life' vibes, even before reading the book, I knew that the stories would be heart wrenching(sometimes I judge a book by its cover, hehe!) So, the book 'Five Little Heartaches' unfolds the lives of different people who are strangled in the untoward circumstances, the stories are not linear in the plot lines but have the similar themes like, pessimism, pathos and tribulations. 

There are five different short stories in the collection, 'Introvert at the Interview' narrates the life of a common man who doesn't understand the absurd process in the monotonous interviews for jobs, the first short story cracked me up and it's quite realistic! The 'Story of Rock n Roll Fan' and 'You are my Guardian Angel' are the emotional Rollercoasters. Sometimes, while reading few misogynistic phrases from the characters' perspectives in the short stories made me uncomfortable.

The writing style of Vijhay Sundar is lucid and hilarious, despite of reading frustrations of the characters in every story, the author's writing style, dark humor and the way he has narrated the tribulations realistically would make the readers laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts